Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Full Weekend

It sure feels good to relax in front of the old television for a bit after a very busy weekend. It was so nice to have the entire weekend off with Phil. I'm feeling really good about a decision I made Friday to drop the Pro-Cert program I was in. It had become such a source of stress on top of stress at work. After doing some investigation, I discovered that I have a lot longer on my current certificate than I was being led to believe, so I have some time yet before I need to submit a portfolio to the state. Making the decision to drop was like a giant weight was lifted and I truly felt relaxed over the weekend.

Saturday we added a new member to the household. Phil's brother has been working construction jobs that take him all over and he has been looking for a good home for his little dog. We have been a one dog household for over a year and I have really enjoyed only having one dog so much that I was hesitant to take on another one even though we know he is a good guy. Roger's daughter took him for a while, so we thought everything was taken care of. Unfortunately, her boyfriend's dog didn't particularly like having him around and seemed to want to attack him. Therefore...we decided to go ahead and adopt him. Eight year old Clancy MacMurray joined our family on Saturday afternoon. Julie, Michele, and Tyler drove over from the Tri-Cities to deliver him. We had a very nice visit with them and all went out to lunch together. Maddie gets along well with Clancy unless he is heading for her food bowl. She does seem to have her nose a little bent out of shape, but she's coping.


Clancy



We spent today up north with Katie and Phil looking at houses. We went to several open houses and checked out a lot of neighborhoods in Lynnwood and Mill Creek. There is a lot to see and we difinitely saw a couple with some real possibilities. As the experienced support crew, Phil and I threw our two cents worth in and now it will have to be up to them. I'm sure all the information and options will be swimming through their minds tonight.

We finished our day up there with a feast at the Chinese Buffet. YUM!!! Almost bedtime now and then back to reality tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment